Dec 12, 2012

Onward, through the fog!

Lost the Flip video camera on Sunday. THAT must have been the big "POP" sound we heard when the tuk-tuk driver took us down a narrow street of bungalows and turned right at the end, bouncing us off-road-style along the railroad track right-of-way for half a block until connecting to another short-cut. I guess it bounced out of my pocket and landed right in front of a back tire before exploding.

(Sigh) I really liked that thing; how it took decent low-light video and recorded stereo audio. But it was proving impractical because video files are simply too large for sharing over wireless internet and it would savage a set of fresh batteries daily. Besides, I cannot seem to stay on point long enough to edit even a minor video project -- even with the latest version of iMovie at my disposal, so I guess I'll be able to live without that toy. So it goes...

It's weird though, before venturing out the door with Dang that morning I had this feeling of impending doom, just like the feeling I had the morning of the motorcycle accident back on the first of April. There was something in me that was telling me I should stay home, but of course that doesn't get you anywhere, and so we pressed on.

Honestly, I get plenty of those "feelings," and they almost always amount to squat, so I suppose it's just as well that I continue to charge "onward, through the fog." I encourage everyone else to do the same.





No comments:

Post a Comment